About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Shanticka. My blog is about any and everything that I want it to be. Me, my family, work, personal style, friends, etc. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy getting to know me. Live, in living color.

11.04.2012

Perception...

Happy Sunday peeps!! I know you've already done this, but for those of you who've been under a rock all day… Turn your clocks back. Ha! That "extra" hour this morning felt so good. I hope you all had a great weekend. I can't believe that it's November! Thanksgiving is coming, and I'm ready for all of the good food, folks and fun that comes along with it. #greedy

The title of this post comes from how I've been seeing myself lately. Thanks to a few better choices in my eating habits, and cardio 4-5 times a week, I am at the lowest weight that I've been in YEARS. Thanks to my personal training sessions every Saturday, I'm the strongest that I've ever been. My blood pressure is great, and my clothes fit awesome. Sooooo, why on earth have I been feeling bigger than ever lately?? My perception of how I look differs from day to day no matter what the scale says. My eyes somehow disconnect from what my brain knows to be true. It so weird when that happens.

Anyhoo, today was not one of those days. Before Fall began, I made a personal goal for myself to wear my cutoff shorts and "Faller-ize" them with a sweater and tights. Personal goal complete. The houndstooth tights that I'm wearing, I originally vowed not to wear again (see old post here). Well, I had a change of heart. I broke those babies out and wore them with no reservations.

Still no camera, but I'm trying to make the pics as clear as possible. Thanks for hanging in there with a sista =D

Until next time…








Cropped Sweater - Old Navy
White Tee - Target
Shorts - ???
Tights - Target
Booties - ??? (old)

11 comments:

  1. You are doing great girl!!! Get it right get it tight! You look FAB in your fit!

    I'm right here with you in the struggle to be healthier and to make better eating choices.

    I love going to the gym and weight lifting on Saturdays as well. Keep up the good work! I'm rooting for you to win! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look GREAT! Your hair loks pretty too! I NEED those tights!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get it girl, very cute look!!! You are looking good honey!!


    I have fallen off seriously in working out and my eating. Haven't worked out in 3 weeks (YIKES) and my eating hasn't been it's best, horrible but not like I am used to. Which is weird because for years I have been eating good even when I wasn't working out I didn't eat bad, but lately too much bread, fried foods. But this week I have got to get back to it. I loved the changes in my clothes and feeling better, but I really HATE the process. It feels like to takes so much for me and I really HATE that. My mom all she did was change her eating habits and she is dropping weight with no real exercise. Me I have been eating healthy for years and I can't drop weight like that...... but Ticka keep up the great work you are inspiring me to get back on it and push through this slump!!!



    Carsedra of:

    http://www.embracingtherealme.com/

    http://sweets4yourtooth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for tights and cut offs!! I agree, in all things life is about perception. You are looking good dear! Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look HOT!! Love your cut off shorts and tights!! WERK!!

    With Love,
    Ashley
    ASassyWoman.Com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ticka, you look absolutely GREAT!!!! Love the uniqueness of the FIT!!!!

    Xoxo
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see you, Ticka!! Go girl!!

    I must say I haven't been working out as much as I should, but I have gotten better with eating healthier. Keep it up lady. You look great ;-)

    ~Whitney
    www.whitneynicjames.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing! I'm genuinely enjoying the design and style of your weblog. Are you using a custom made theme or is this freely available to all individuals? If you do not want to say the name of it out in the public, please be sure to e-mail me at: lamar-gentry@gmail.com. I'd геallу enjoу tο get mу hands on this thеmе!
    Kudos.
    Here is my blog post : sonic producer sign in

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...