About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Shanticka. My blog is about any and everything that I want it to be. Me, my family, work, personal style, friends, etc. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy getting to know me. Live, in living color.

8.30.2012

My Day, My Way...

Hello peeps!!

Today is my birthday! Happy Birthday to me!! =D

Let me just tell you that I woke up this morning scratched my head, and forgot that I cut my hair off yesterday! Lawd, I went through about three seconds of complete terror! LOL! I'm ok now, but that was crazy! I want to thank all of you guys for your support in my last post, on FaceBook as well as Twitter. It means the world to me.

For todays "do" I wet my hair a little, twisted it up, then let it air dry all afternoon. When I took the twists out, this is what I got & I like it!

I have a self proclaimed "Birthday Dress" from ASOS that I will be wearing sometime this weekend. I'm a little nervous about styling my hair for a more dressy look. I'll watch a few more YouTube videos to get some ideas. I'm sure it will be fine.

Todays OOTD is post #4 of my birthday week. I'm doing real good at keeping this up. Kuddos to all of the bloggers who post every day. It's hard to do, and if I wasn't off of work this week, I don't think I could have done it.

I've previously worn this skirt as a dress, seen here. I love its versatility.

Until next time…





Tank - Dots
Skirt - Little boutique in the mall
Shoes -  DSW



24 comments:

  1. Happy Bday doll!!!! Hope you have an amazing day. I love the hair cut...it looks great! And I love the color palette of this outfit...the pink and neutrals look great together. Please send me those shoes when you are done with them lol.

    -Cherrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Ms. Ticka! I always appreciate all the love that you leave on my Blog and keep the great post coming yourself with the great styles you always come with! I hope that you have a great B-Day and congrats on the new hairdo! It looks wonderful! I've been natural my whole life so there ain't nothin' like the REAL THING BABY! LOL! Take care Lady! - JT

    johnturnerworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday lady! You look gorgeous and let me tell you I am loving your hair! Congrats on the big chop :) And I'm with Cherrie, you need to let me get those shoes lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Ticka... My fellow Virgo Sista.. You look lovely and I hope you are enjoying your day to the fullest!!!

    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy birthday to you and wishing you more of God's prosperity in your life. love your blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy B-day and congrats on your big chop!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Bornday! Love your 'fit!

    www.whatrosereddsaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Ticka! I hope you have a blast and I can't wait to see your ASOS freakum dress! If I were in your area, I'd definitely help you celebrate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday Blogger Boo!!! You look lovely and I hope your day was SWEET :)

    With Love,
    Ashley
    ASassyWoman.Com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday Ticka! Looking good girl. And, cute shoes!
    ~Corie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday! Love the hair and outfit but REALLY in love with the shoes!

    http://www.divasthrifttwo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday, girl! Love the colors, and the shoes are definitely the business! Really love the texture of your hair and am looking forward to seeing that birthday dress! MUAH! Happy Bday again, you are fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy (one day late) birthday!! I hope your actual birthday was awesome! Also, welcome to Club Natural! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday! Aww you did your first twistout, its cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Belated Birthday! #BLMGirls

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy BORN Day Ticka!!!!! I hope you enjoyed every minute of it!!!! Loving the color combo and those shoes are darling!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looking good, loving the new cut, Happy Birthday Diva!! I am coming for those shoes!!



    Carsedra of:

    http://www.embracingtherealme.com/

    http://sweets4yourtooth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy birthday woman! Love your hair and those heels ate fab!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Birthday! I love your hair, and I love your shoes! FABUuLOUS!!!

    Nickiesniche.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, my dear friend.
    So many wonderful things coming your ways, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Big hug!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy bday and congrats on your big chop! Your hair looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. HAPPY BELATED BDAY MY DEAR!!!! You look amazing!! Continue to have wonderful week!
    http://elementsofavoluptuousbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...