About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Shanticka. My blog is about any and everything that I want it to be. Me, my family, work, personal style, friends, etc. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy getting to know me. Live, in living color.

9.04.2012

Peppermint Stick...

Hey peeps!! With school starting back, my level of busy has gone from 2 to 10. There's never enough time in the day! I'm so happy that school is back in that I could yell it from the mountain tops! These kids were eating me out of house and home! lol

Without further ado, on to the OOTD. I first saw this dress on fellow blogger Finichia over at Fancy Curves. At the time, my birthday was coming up, and it screamed "Birthday Dress" (and peppermint) to me!! I couldn't help but to head over to ASOS to look into it. Initially, I was hesitant to try the Peplum trend because of my "rumpshaker". Ha! I just knew it would bring all kinds of extra/unnecessary attention to it. After a little bit of deliberation & harassing asking Finichia about sizing (since I know ASOS can run kind of big at times), I bought the dress.

When it arrived, I tried it on immediately, and fell in love with it.

Until next time...






I knew that I didn't want jewelry or shoes to compete with the dress, so I went with nude pumps & these gorgeous leaf earrings that I won in a giveaway over at fellow #BLMGirl Kerissa's spot A Divamoms Journey. Thanks Kerissa!! =D Now that I think about it, I could have added a bracelet. Oh well, maybe next time.




Dress  - ASOS (main range)
Shoes - Payless
Earring - Giveaway



30 comments:

  1. Get it Mama!!! You look too cute in this dress. Work!

    With Love,
    Ashley
    ASassywoman.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Love Love this on you. Beautiful dress!

    -Shakiyla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty dress. You are killing it! I have those shoes too. Don't you just love them?

    ~Vee
    www.growing-in-style.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely dress! Looks great on you!

    Roni

    ReplyDelete
  5. super cute!!!! I want a peplum

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love EVERY.SINGLE.THING. about this look! from the hair to the nude pumps, and as usual your bod looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love that peplum accents the derriere but also keeps it classy!!!! that's why it's my go to now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the dress, You look super cute!

    Eb
    www.rewindfashforward.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, look at you! who says orizontal stripes are not for curvy women???
    this dress is wonderful and you and so flattening (or flattering?), anyway....

    Love, Ylenia from Longuette

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE the dress! You are the second person I've seen with those shoes! LOVE! I may have to check Payless out! #BLMGirl

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gone get it Gurl!!! The weight loss is looking great on you and you are rocking that dress!!!



    Carsedra of:

    http://www.embracingtherealme.com/

    http://sweets4yourtooth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute cute cute! I love the stripes and this peplum really accentuates your curves.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You Better Work! You look so hot! And you're supposed to on your birthday...I know you had a happy one with that dress on...

    ReplyDelete
  14. You Better Work! That dress fits you like a Glove!!!! I know you had a happy birthday with that on!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are rocking those stripes ma'am!! Nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well Mrs. Thang your are wearing the hell outta that dress. I can't believe you were hesitant at all, work those curves. You look fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic dress! It looks great on you! I also avoided the peplum trend because of my big ole booty and then fell in love when I tried it out.

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW!!!! Ticka gurrrrl you look great!!!!! U betta werk them candy stripes… I LOVE everything about this look and I like that you didn’t wear any accessories because the dress itself is a statement piece!

    Xoxo
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  19. Whoo wee doggie! Ticka you look absolutely stunning! Love that dress and the simple accesorizing really allows the eye to be drawn to your gorgeous dress and lovely figure!

    ReplyDelete
  20. look at you!!! go head girl! you look GREAT!

    ~nic
    www.nics-picks.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Girllllll you better werk! I love this peplum dress and you are wearing it honey!

    ReplyDelete
  22. that's a fab dress on you! your hair looks great too

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yes girl, you better work these stripes! You look lovely!

    http://thriftyandshameless.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my gaaaa, you look amaze! Can I borrow this dress?!


    ReplyDelete
  25. I love it, you look adorable. I can never find the perfect strapless, so I styled mine with a blazer. Looks fab tho!

    allie

    http://alliemcgev.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a great dress. You looked wonderful! I was telling one of my Sorority sisters that I want to do a red & grey combo. You did it well. Peplum is a definite fav. The earrings were a nice addition. I'm glad you are enjoying them.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a great dress. You looked wonderful! I was telling one of my Sorority sisters that I want to do a red & grey combo. You did it well. Peplum is a definite fav. The earrings were a nice addition. I'm glad you are enjoying them.

    ReplyDelete
  28. You look stunning! You really have amazing curves and the dress looks absolutely perfect on you!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Yes I adore this dress...you go girly and I just got hip to ASOS*only window shopping 4 now lol*!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...