About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Shanticka. My blog is about any and everything that I want it to be. Me, my family, work, personal style, friends, etc. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy getting to know me. Live, in living color.

8.07.2012

Blogger Inspiration...

How's everyone's week coming along so far? I didn't work Monday, so that was great, but today was really hectic. Short work weeks are always tough. Almost makes me wish that I had gone to work Monday… well, not really, but you know what I mean. ;)

Today's outfit is totally inspired by one of my favorite bloggers. When I saw that Lexy over at BeautyFash posted the below OOTD, my mind immediately scanned my closet. Lexy is always bringing her A-game. I love her blog because she's a working mom & wife, like myself. I relate to her posts and Twitter updates on a regular basis (she may or may not know this, ha).

http://www.beautyfash.com/
My outfit is not an exact replica, but it's my interpretation of this comfy/casual look. 

Until next time...





On another note: As you can see, these pics debut my afro puff. This puff is very special to me, as I have been trying to accomplish the look for months and months. I took my twists down, and wha-la!! There it was! I will get better at styling it as I get more acquainted with my natural hair. Wish me luck!! LOL!



Button down - Old Navy
Tunic/Tank - Target
Maxi Skirt - Stella Blu (neighborhood boutique)
Flats - Target




19 comments:

  1. I love Lexy's blog too. You did a great interpretation of her look. Loving the puff. :)

    -Shakiyla

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Lexy's blog as well. Your interpretation of her look is very nice. You look so happy in the pictures! :)

    Cute flats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are so cute! :) I love the mix of leopard and stripes, one of my favorite combinations ever! I still need to find a cute pair of leopard flats.

    You are so sweet, Ticka! ♥ Thanks for the shout-out! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute look Ms. Ticka, really like the leopard flats!!



    Carsedra of:

    http://www.embracingtherealme.com/

    http://sweets4yourtooth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. looking good,great casual flirty look

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lexy is such a great all around blogger. You pulled this off well. I wore a similar look today. Check my Instagram outfit of the day post. Good luck learning more about styling your natural hair. I did my first successful set of two strand twists last night. Can't wait to rock my twist out this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab inspiration look. That skirt rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that skirt goshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  9. hone you sooo nailed this look beautiful skirt and great interpretation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I see why you were inspired by her outfit. The look is so cute. I love your look also. Congrats on the afro puff. That's my go to style, although I don't rock it as well as you do.

    Found you by way of BLM and I will be stopping by more often. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love everything about this outfit! What a comfy and stylish look for late summer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a look I really love. You nailed it. The skirt is gorgeous and I think maxi skirts and dresses just have an elegant look even when you wear them with flats they look amazing. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Long time no see! I love this look Ticka! You know how I love longer dresses and skirts! Good job on the afro puff! I have one too, but I think mine is absolutely out of this world crazy! -Jessica L

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this idea. I'm actually posting a similar look on my blog next week :)

    xo,Cortnie
    http://stylelustpages.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your hair! It is soooo pretty
    And casual chic is what's hot in my book! Dressing up is fun, but I love that you showcase everyday looks that are just as fab!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cute look doll! Love that skirt :)

    XoXo,
    Ashley
    ASassyWoman.Com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...