About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Shanticka. My blog is about any and everything that I want it to be. Me, my family, work, personal style, friends, etc. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy getting to know me. Live, in living color.

8.08.2014

Give Me Body...

It's the weekend baaaaayyyybaaayyyyy!! I usually use for my Instagram peeps for Friday posts. Just thought I'd share :)

To kick the weekend off around my way, I wanted to talk a little about style inspiration. For me, it can come from anywhere/anything. From an item of clothing in my closet, to someone walking down the street, to colors in a magazine. Many times it comes from perusing the internets. Yes, I said internets with an S.

On this particular day, I happened to be scrolling down my IG feed when I saw this lovely lady. I follow In My Joi on Instagram because she has some of the coolest outfits. But this pic made me want a little black dress. Not just any LBD, but one that fit me like a glove. One that gave BODY!! You could say that I was inspired. From that moment, I was on the hunt for a perfect LBD. Not so I could copy, or look like her (no shade, because Joi is fierce), but so I could feel as sexy as she looks.


Enter, the perfect LBD for me. Y'all know Target is my bff. I swear that store never lets me down. While browsing the clearance racks per usual, and I spot a simple black dress. In true ME fashion, I looked at the price tag before holding it up. $13.98 is what it read. See?! I told you Target is a true friend!


I went into the dressing room to try it on, and it fit like a glove!! Yaaaaasssssss!!


I knew right then and there, that I would pair it with my cute Kimono that I picked up for $4. Go'head and pick up your lip! LOL! It was truly $4. Yet another deal that I couldn't pass up. I love to try trends out for the low-low. No sense in paying a whole lot of money for something that you may not even like once the hype dies. *shrugs*. But this was a winner! I will be rocking this Kimono hunny!


Now back to this dress! The subtle high-low action at the bottom was the icing on the cake. I ran out of the store with this bad boy! Because with or without the Kimono, this dress gives major BODY!!

What y'all know bout that "Gone with the Wind" fabulous?! =D
Do you have an item of clothing, or a pair of shoes that just makes you feel super sexy? Do tell!!

Until next time...

Dress - Target
Kimono - H&M
Heels - Target



6 comments:

  1. One Word...YASSSSS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin Michael Rush8/8/14, 9:22 PM

    oh yeah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get it Ticka!!! It looks bomb on you and I love it paired with the kimono. That last pic?! PERFECTION!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ticka, girl, you look great! And those deals? Man I need to hit up Target asap!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, honey, yesss! LOVE that dress on ya!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...