About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Shanticka. My blog is about any and everything that I want it to be. Me, my family, work, personal style, friends, etc. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy getting to know me. Live, in living color.

2.04.2012

Tulip dress

Happy Saturday!! It's been a long week. I haven't been feeling good at all. Being sick is just gross. I will spare you the details =D I'm feeling much better now, and I hope everyone is having a great weekend. I'm not really into the Super Bowl all that much, but I hope everyone who is has fun this Sunday.

I picked up the shoes in this post from Target strictly because the price was right. $8.98!! Have you ever done that? I mean, I walked through the shoe isles, saw the red tag, and stopped in my tracks! I wasn't sure what the color was. Hell, I wasn't even sure that I liked the color. I figured, at best I could probably just wear them with all black. I got them home and just threw them in the closet with the rest of my babies.

Last night, I went through my closet trying to find a dress to wear for a cocktail party then... BAM!! I spotted this dress in the back of my closet almost reaching for me. lol  I immediately thought of my new Target shoes. The dress is also a strange color, but I love the style of it. The bottom of the dress reminds me of a tulip. So feminine. I've only worn the dress once before, and I was hoping that I could still fit this bad boy. But, I knew the dress and shoes would go well together. I added a random belt in from my closet because I thought it added a little something. Until next time...



They look kind of greenish here, but look taupe-ish in person.



Shrug - Lane Bryant
Dress - JC Penny
Tights - Target
Shoes - Target

26 comments:

  1. 6:45 am!!! What are you doing posting that early in the morning on a Saturday??? LOL, I love this outfit, I love the tulip look of the skirt. Very cute. I hope you had fun!! You look great.

    LiteralGemini.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice!!!!
    www.style4curves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You shape is looking so nice in this dress and I like the way you added the black tights...I haven't trued that but I want too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute and flattering! And your hair here? What's that a braidout? LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look gorgeous girl, this dress is fitting you like a glove!! I actually love the colors they are soft and comfortable looking but still has that flare of being Dolled up! Glad you are feeling better :) enjoy the rest of your weekend !!

    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so pretty. I adore black tights I can't wear them b/c my legs look like twigs in them! I love the dress

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that dress. Don't you just love when stuff is hiding in your closet! I love the black tights. I wish I could wear them but my legs look like twigs in them. You look pretty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice! I saw those same shoes and wasn't too keen on the color either but if they were $8.98 they surely would have been in my closet too! You are working that dress ma'am!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice! I saw those same shoes and wasn't too keen on the color either but if they were $8.98 they surely would have been in my closet too! You are working that dress ma'am!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute dress Lady!! Glad to see and know you are doing better!!

    I saw those shoes in Target and I would say they look like a greyish/olive color. I actually thought they were kinda, sorta cute in a unique way!!! LOL



    Carsedra of:

    http://embracingtherealme.blogspot.com/

    http://sweets4yourtooth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am absolutely loving this dress on you! The drape is beautiful, like it was made for your curves!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL @ BAM!!! You are too funny! You look pretty hun. Love that dress! Everything was put together very nicely. I'm glad that you are feeling better :)

    XoXo,
    Ashley
    AsassyWoman.Com

    ReplyDelete
  13. you look amazingg girll

    xoxo, Shariece
    http://beautyorswaag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this dress Ticka! It does remind me of a tulip. I would have purchased them shoes at that price to and found a way to make them work just as you did. Very pretty!

    ~Tavia
    www.ninetofly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. OOOWWWEEEEE *whistles* I know you stooped traffic with this huney!!!! Looks Great! I always find cute dresses in JC Penny!! Get it TICKA!!

    E. Louise

    www.shapelylouise.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those shoes were a steal!!! Loving how that dress is hugging your lovely shape :)

    Mally
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  17. I need those shoes in my life.

    Tranae
    www.flablane.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thats a very nice look! I like the grey on you

    ~Sherine
    Check out my blog, comment, and follow if you like!
    Confessions Of A City Girl

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE everything about this FIT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You look gorgeous! The shoes and the dress are fabulous!
    I love this outfit!

    I just started to follow you with GFC!
    Hope you'll follow me back :)

    xoxo, Oana

    http://genefalsesiprajiturele.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love that dress, the empire waist is something i always look for in dresses. I have those shoes in black, but unfortunately for me i purchased them at regular price...oops on my part right!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the shoes. I'm addicted to platforms! The dress is a nice shape on you.

    ~Kenya
    http://understandtheglam.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. So flattering and perfect! The fit is amazing on you! I adore tulip cuts. Girl you looking supa dupa fly! lol Glad you're better! Kiah

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ohhh pretty!!! I love the dress and you styled it so well. CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You look super cute! Love the dress, shoes, tights...everything!!!! Now following....

    Roni

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...