About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Shanticka. My blog is about any and everything that I want it to be. Me, my family, work, personal style, friends, etc. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy getting to know me. Live, in living color.

12.01.2011

Jail house rock...

Today I felt like I had on an old timey jail uniform. I like the stripes, but it's all I could think of when I saw myself in the mirror today. I used to shy away from horizontal stripes because of my frame. Not too long ago I started trying them out, and now I feel that I can wear them... and look good! This top was on the mannequin in the Juniors section at Kohls as a dress. Not on this body! lol! It's also a size L. That didn't stop me from trying it on, and buying it.  I'm also learning more and more to not be so dismissive when it comes to style and sizes. After all, it could work on me. Maybe not the way the designer intended, but the way I want it to. Until next time...








Color Palette
UPDATE!! I submitted this look for the Everybody Everywhere Black + White challenge. It's an older post, but it works nonetheless! =D

Top - Kohls
Jeggings - Merona - Target
Booties - Herbergers (Boston, Carson Prairie Scott)
Black Trench - Walmart

10 comments:

  1. I love stripes as well you look great!
    www.style4curves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jail House HOT!!!

    I cannot believe there is snow on the ground!!

    xx-

    www.samplesize16.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your stripes and I love the way you layered your outfit. very cute!

    http://foodfashionandflow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great title post doll. Love the way you layered...it's perfection.


    <3 Marina
    Fashion.MakeUp.LifeStyle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice stripes. Love the snow pics.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stripes and Snow!! YOu look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe its snowing where you are! WOW! Love the stripes! Kiah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you ladies!! Kiah, I'm in Minnesota... I'm never surprised when it snows. lol! I'm shocked if it doesn't snow. =D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this fit..

    Now following..

    xo

    dawn

    http://sassybagblogettes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the stripes. And Im always a fav or the black and white. The only thing I recommend a pop of color. Somewhere, i would throw in some red or blue. Other than that you look amazing.

    Coco

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...