About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Shanticka. My blog is about any and everything that I want it to be. Me, my family, work, personal style, friends, etc. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy getting to know me. Live, in living color.

10.10.2011

Blessed to say...

I am the mother of a 12 (soon to be 13) year old daughter and a 6 year old son.

Raising my son to be a responsible leader, protector and productive member of society is something that I conciously think about every day. I want him to have a sense of self. To have respect for his family and others. To be proud of who he is as a man and what he has to offer to the world. It's hard sometimes not to coddle him. To let him find his own way... Even when I know it's for his own good. And by coddle, I mean give him the answers to all of his problems. Do the little things for him, when I know he can do them for himself. Make him own up to his mistakes, face, and correct them. It's essential to his manhood.





For my daughter, I want her to find her own place in the world. I'm not really into wanting a "mini-me" so much as I want her to be the only her. She doesn't seem to have a problem with this so far. I want her to experiance life through her own eyes. For some reason, it isn't as hard for me to not coddle her. I think it's because in a lot of ways, I automatically expect more from her. Is that wrong? I'm not sure, but I do realize it.



For both of my children, I want the world. They deserve it.



I couldn't resist posting older pics of them. They look like they're having so much fun! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...