About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Shanticka. My blog is about any and everything that I want it to be. Me, my family, work, personal style, friends, etc. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy getting to know me. Live, in living color.

10.04.2011

Unpretty...

As I drove to work this morning, "Unpretty" by TLC came on the radio. The song made me think about my daughter and the things that her father and I have tried to drill into her head for as long as I could remember.  She's beautiful, smart, funny, cool, talented and a host of other things. The thing that I got from this song is what I want to instill in her the most.  You need to ask yourself... What right do you have to put yourself down? You are in this world to be the best you... Inside and out. No one can do it better. Sure, there are days that you might not feel like you're knocking people out with your beauty. Doesn't make you any less beautiful. It makes you human. Beautifully human.

"If you can't look inside you, and find out who am I to, be in the position to make me feel so damn unpretty" . TLC

Until next time...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...