About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Shanticka. My blog is about any and everything that I want it to be. Me, my family, work, personal style, friends, etc. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy getting to know me. Live, in living color.

10.13.2011

Windows to the soul...

I've never been a person who wears make-up. And by make-up, I mean things like foundation, blush, eyeshadaw, etc. My everyday lipgloss & occasional mascara don't count. My Grandma always told me to never use make-up on my face. The occasional lipstick is fine(I don't do lipstick), but NEVER use the other stuff. According to her, it ages you and makes you dependent on it. She never did her face unless it was for one of her company Christmas parties. I remember watching/helping her get all fancy. I always wanted to look like her. Anyhoo, I followed her advice all the way to adulthood.


See how fancy she was!! =D
R.I.P Grandma

I decided one day about 5 or 6 months ago to try eyeshadow. I didn't do a horrible job, but it wasn't anything fancy either.


This blog is doing exactly what I wanted it to do. It's making me want to try new things. I now want to try eyeshadow. Color, subtle looks, dramatic looks and anything inbetween. First thing's first though. I have to get comfortable with the idea of spending money on make-up. We'll see how that goes. Another thing is, I wear glasses. I'm not exactly sure how well the eyeshadow will go with them. I'll have to do some research on that. What I do know is, I found it hard to wear mascara with glasses because it's annoying for my eyelashes to brush against them. I only wear it when I go out without my glasses. I'm excited to try this (as you can see, it's the little things). Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...